Monday, August 5, 2013

Alpha Reset

I am taking 5 days to do a juice fast called the Alpha Reset as outlined by Drew Canole.
I have 4 days off from school and thought this would be a good time to tackle this challenge.
Today is Day 3 of 5.
I'm feeling good...this juice fast (the second one I've done this year) feels easier than before.
I don't have a constant hunger or desire to eat whole food.
I guess I have a better mindset this time...who knows.
My awesome hubby is also juice fasting with me...which helps SO MUCH!



My favorite juice recipe is
4 leaves of Swiss Chard
1 cucumber
1 granny smith apple
1 lemon
1 generous knuckle of ginger
a few leaves of parsley

I just feel like I'm drinking a glass of fresh!

After this, I intend to complete a paleo challenge.
There are a few out there.  The two challenges I see most often are:
(1) The 21 Day Sugar Detox by Diane Sanfilippo
(2) The Whole 30 by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
I guess it doesn't really matter which one I follow as long as I follow a Paleo diet.
I want to ensure that I'm well prepared and have the mindset to be as successful with this challenge as I am with juicing.  I wonder what I should do?  I've tried these challenges before and end up in the candy dish at the office.  I see at my new school, there will be a lot of temptations around.  hmmmmm.

Keeping commitment to self...so important.
@GoStarGoHard









No comments:

Post a Comment