Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 2 - Tuesday, 29 May 2012


Eat Paleo:  Yes
Exercise:   Yes.  1 mile walk
Drink water:  No.  Only had 3 1/2 cups today; the rest was Caffeine free Diet Coke


Eating Paleo was not a big challenge today until I smelled the Kettle Corn prepared by a coworker.   I wanted to jump in the bag and eat every last kernel.  Drank water instead.  
Favourite meal today - crock pot pot roast over a big bed of wilted spinach.


Exercise:  Was good.  Nothing really significant to report.  More of a rest day today.


My coach (Paul Eich)...who is coaching me from afar (Memphis) asked me some challenge questions today:


"Now that you have the what and the why, nicely done btw, add the "feel". How will it feel when you have implemented and mastered these changes? Who will it directly affect, and how will they feel? 


WHAT IS THE IMPACT? WHY DOES IT MATTER? EMOTIONS ARE THE KEY. If you can't get yourself to feel excited about your goals, if you can't get yourself to feel eager for the feelings that will accompany your goals, you are leaving a valuable ally out of your discipline! 
Why do I say that? The unconscious mind gets 95% of the vote in what you do. Emotion communucates to the UCM "hey this matters, pay attention and help". The UCM is always pushing for pleasure and seeking to avoid pain, and it does not always clearly understand causality. If you do an exalted song and dance after every WOD, if you run off to tell your support group after every good meal/WOD, those things tell your UCM "this is GOOD, help me do this again."



My Answer:
How will this make me feel?
Good!
Empowered!
Strong!
Triumphant!
Accomplished!
Being able to say I committed to something and followed through!  (Not always my strong suit)!


Coach did give me some guidance about my eating.  Be 90% Paleo...eat Paleo 90% of the time.  So...that gives me the opportunity to have a yummy from time to time.  Maybe ice cream...just need to make sure that UCM that my coach talks about doesn't undermine my efforts.  


All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment