Thursday, July 5, 2012

Diet Coke

5 July 2012 - Diet Coke - Day 38

I toyed with what to title this one.
Diet Coke addiction...nah...give the diet coke too much power.
Diet Coke love...nah...I love my husband...I love my children...I don't love a beverage.

So, it's just...Diet Coke.
It could also be Diet Pepsi (no brand allegiance at all).

Bottom line, a week ago yesterday I stopped Diet soda all together.
It goes in line with my attempt to eat real food...real Paleo food.
I read this article in Shape magazine ...http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/are-you-addicted-diet-soda about why I should stop.  And Coach encourages me to.  And Damion encourages me too.  And my sons are supportive when I tell them, "Don't let me buy diet soda when we are out."  And they help immensely.

So, it has been a week of water, mineral water, one beer and tea...oh and Gatorade on the day I did the Crossfit Games.  But that's it.  I wasn't really addicted to caffeine so there haven't been withdrawals there.
There are just foods that need a Diet Coke.  Like Cashews, pizza, burgers, etc...
And my mouth actually starts to crave the bubbles of the soda and that taste that goes with it.
But...I'm doing fine.
I've done this twice before while on cruises because we don't buy the all you can drink wrist band...which lends itself to drink unsweetened tea and water for a week.

So, as I walk through the grocery store, I know I'm easily able to not buy carb loaded foods (tastycakes, potato chips, etc) and now I can easily add Diet soda to that list.  One of the things that I've always been concerned about was memory loss.  I think there's a connection...so...let's see if the fog starts to clear too.

Bye bye Diet Coke.  I don't need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment