Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 2 - Whole 30 recap


Day 2 - Whole 30 recap

Had a successful Whole 30 day.  As coach would say....VICTORY!

Breakfast:  Almond Butter (a couple of spoonfuls before my run)

Lunch:  Omelette

Dinner:  Spinach Salad and two chicken thighs (recipe compliments of Foodee Project)...yum

Ran just short of 8 miles to day with leaden legs.  Running on a treadmill has ruined me...the road doesn't move underneath my legs and that just bums me out.

Stomach is finally recovered from the Wendy's experience.  Won't do that again.

Got 8+ hours of sleep last night...

Observation:
Didn't crash and burn after my run last week.
Last week...I ran, took a shower and laid in the bed the rest of the day recovering.
Today, I felt much better.  Wonder why?
Well, I actually had things to do today.
Vacuumed, laundry, took Scott to Crossfit, brunch out with the fam.
I did have an unintended siesta while watching the Olympics this afternoon...but aren't naps a good thing?

Establishing New Habits:
I read a good article today about establishing new habits that I can really get into:
The gist of the article is to make gradual changes vice sudden ones.
You end up establishing new habits that in a sense is like bypass surgery...it creates a new pathway around the old habit.

Tomorrow's new habit...drinking just a bit more water and staying away from the incessant junk food in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment