Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 10 - Wednesday - 6 Jun 2012

Exercise - none :(  On travel today and absolutely no time.

Yesterday was National Running Day...totally missed it.  Will need to make up for it today.



Eating - Eating on travel was OK.  I find that it is a crappy carb fest at airports and airplanes.  Pastries, sandwiches, cookies, bags of pretzels, etc......and "they" (the ubiquitous they) are trying to jam it down my throat (not literally) like drug pushers.  It reminds me of that new commercial that's out about telephone service by Vonage..."We all bundle" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8_4s3Y4jk).  It's like a bunch of Stepford wives out there that are mesmerized to sell you Wheat filled, sugar filled foods.  Eek.  So... with all that said, I found some good paleo alternatives to what was being sold but it was 1/2 of 1% of their displays that they were offering.  The morning hard boiled eggs were buried next to the apple turnovers.  Lunch...a good salad with chicken.  And then came dinner.  7+ hours between lunch and dinner and YOU KNOW what happens then.  I get HUNGRY.  I had a hamburger (no bun)...probably not grass fed beef but no bun...and....UGH...french fries.  So it goes.  Tomorrow is another day to stay on the Paleo wagon.

I'm re-reading Robb Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution and it makes me scratch my head.  The science in this book just makes sense.  There are so many diets out there...Atkins, Zone, cabbage, Mediterranean (very Paleo like), South Beach and so on... They all seem to gain national attention and rabid followers.  But I don't see that with the Paleo diet.  Why is that?  Why doesn't this gain traction in the national media they way these others have...or did I just miss something.  Random rhetorical thoughts.


Well...signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment