Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 11 - Thursday, 7 Jun 2012

The 12 hour fast -
Coach recommended that I do a 12 hour fast.  Then see how you feel?
So...my last meal was at 10pm (2200) yesterday.
It's now 1027 today...I'm starvin' like Marvin.
Definitely have that empty pit feeling in my tummy and want to fill it with an omelette (no cheese) w/ a healthy portion of salsa on top.  What other feelings should I talk about here...I feel alert...have been doing homework for the past couple of hours (studying philosophy this semester - Medical Ethics - very interesting).
I think my goal here today is just to eat the other two meals today and not compensate for the lost meal...will have to clarify with Coach Paul.  It would be so easy to cram three meals worth of food into to two meal times...just sayin'

In the interim...while I wait for my dear hubby to wake up so we can go out to play today...I think I will make a big cup of tea to take the edge off of my hunger.

It's 1300 (1 pm).  The first morsel of food passes my lips.  A big salad with lettuce, arugula, salsa, chicken, carrots, pepper, celery (ick), tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms.  So yummy!  And satisfying too.  A normal portion...didn't go hog wild; used the salsa as the salad dressing.
So...that was a 15 hour fast.  I was still starvin' like Marvin and going through the grocery store to pick up food was torturous but we made healthy selections...

While at the grocery store, we were doing a lot of label reading...what IS in this?
Trying to find things w/o sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup.  In the dressing aisle, I was surprised by how much low fat, non-fat items have HFCS and/or sugar.  and tons of chemicals...or as Coach Paul would say... "a chemical sh*t storm" (heard that in my head as I was picking up each bottle and then putting them down..."Put it back...chemical shizzle storm!"  LOL!)  Was even surprised to see one Walnut Raspberry vinaigrette that was high in Omega 3s having fish in it.  OMG!  Don't have a food allergy and expect just the name of an item to keep you safe...what if you had a seafood allergy and used this dressing?  Label reading...time consuming but useful

Next paleo experiment...smoothie with banana, berries, flaxseed, spinach, celery and coconut milk.  I've never had coconut milk in a smoothie before so...we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment