Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 5 - Friday - 1 June 2012 (First Day of June!)

Exercise:  Intervals; sprint 1 min; walk 1 min - 9 rounds.  Good fun.  I wish I would have gone faster.  Am doing this on the treadmill and am afraid if I go too fast, I'll pull a George Jetson on the treadmill.  Not cute.  Again...legs felt happy later.

Food:  NOT Paleo.  We had a potluck farewell at lunch today.  And then a bad storm so I stopped for quick food (Pizza).  Am regretting the Pizza as we speak.  I think my heart rate is actually faster right now...that can't be a good response.

Coach wants me to outline reasons why to try this...be fitter...eat well...
What are my whys?
Well...why not?!
I watched a documentary recently called Forks Over Knives.
FOK isn't about being paleo but...it is about being vegan.
But the bottom line...it's about eating more healthfully...use your fork vice a knife (a scalpel under surgery) to prevent disease.  What a concept!
So...that's a why.
I was energized after watching it.
I don't think I can become vegan but paleo...yes.

I will explore more about the "whys" in future posts.

2 comments:

  1. Stay with it, it's a marathon.

    FOK - glad to hear you can't go vegan! It it tolerable by some, but not by many, and it is NOT sustainable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I know there will be ups/downs.
      Gaining a new habit will take a little time as I break old habits.

      Delete