Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 7 & Day 8 - Sunday 3 Jun and Monday 4 Jun

Sunday - another progressively paleo day.  Waffles to start, paleo lunch, oreos (4), paleo dinner and dessert (watermelon).

The boys wanted oreos in the house...and then they started calling me.

Monday - a bit easier.  breakfast - paleo - 2 hard boiled eggs - check.
crazy cravings - velvetta mac and cheese (I don't even eat that) and butter...I could actually smell the butter in my head.  I was late eating lunch.  Coach encouraged eating some fat so...went after my flank steak salad.  Paleo dinner - salad again w/ a big heap of Guacamole... too high in carbs but yum!

I have a new animal in the metaphors to speak of.
The Hound Dog.
Coach says...I'm a Hound Dog.

hound is a type of dog that assists hunters by tracking or chasing the animal being hunted.

Sometimes the hound gets off track, loses the scent but eventually gets back on track and finds the target.
I like this analogy (except now I have the Elvis song stuck in my heads as a result...you ain't nothing but a hound dog...)


resting too much...to the gym tomorrow.


to continue my exploration of my why I should do this now: 
* enhanced health.  I have a health issue I'd like to put behind me.
* greater mobility.  Will low back get better with regular exercise?
Be able to run the marathon easily and well-trained instead of just gutting through it.





No comments:

Post a Comment