Monday, June 11, 2012

11 Jun 2012 - Monday - a new day

Paleo - well done.  Fav dish today was sauteed scallops in grass fed butter and chipotle spice with a side of broccoli with red pepper flakes (like you put on pizza)...gives the greens a little zip!

Exercise - PR'd a 5K today at 30:58.  YAY!  Getting faster...the whole time I kept thinking...can I keep up this pace for 26.2 miles???  That marathon is coming.

Sleep - going to retire shortly.   There's a chamomile tea in my near future.

Had my first BP check during this journey.  That's my biggest health concern...BP.  I was 115 / 80.  The diastolic is marginally high for my taste.  Forgot to take my Rx for BP today so not bad considering.

The doc gave me the standard schpeel about reducing salt intake...
What does one even believe given last week's news on salt in the NY Times?
(http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/we-only-think-we-know-the-truth-about-salt.html?smid=fb-share).  He seems a bit fatalistic...it's inevitable, genetic, you're just pre-disposed...
I'd like to challenge that opinion and show him I CAN do this.

So...I know my resolve is still to eat real food (unprocessed as much as possible), veggies, lean meats and healthy oils.  And to exercise.  So there.

Oh...as a reminder, my coach want to know my whys behind my decision to do this now.
Another why:
I saw a picture of me from last week...how I look on film vs in my mind's eye are very different.
In my mind's eye...I'm pretty buff...in photography...I'm a bit fluffier around the middle than I care to admit (but I guess I just admitted it).

Next quest:  To find a good running shoe.  Coach is recommending Innov8.  I like the minimalist idea and am running in one now but I think my current shoe is a bit on the flimsy side so it may be time to look for something a bit more functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment