Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 18 & 19 - June 14 & 15 - Thursday & Friday

Exercise:

I have a new favorite exercise.  Push ups (hand release).
Since I'm not crossfitting with a gym or a coach in real life, I learn a lot of my moves by watching You Tube "how to" videos.  When I first saw this exercise listed on my list of things to do on the Crossfit Endurance website, I thought...Aye Dios Mio!  I'm going to have to do a push up and clap or something one handed or something else slightly bizarre....but then I saw this exercise in the video and said...I CAN DO THAT!  And once I started doing it...I really liked it.  Push ups (a cousin of Burpees) have always been tough for me.  It's a chicken and egg thing for me.  I don't like doing push ups because I'm not good at them.  I'm not good at doing push ups because I don't them enough to become good at them.  And so it goes...  Push ups (hand release) feel like a great intro exercise so I can improve at push ups.

Paleo:

Not doing as well at this as I would like.  Some meals are strictly paleo and then there's cake, cookies or some other thing at work that tempts, calls to me and then bam, I'm eating it.

Natural Calm Feedback:  So, the Natural Calm arrived this week.  It's a magnesium supplement that says it will aid sleep.  I was not keen on the idea because I remember getting magnesium after Noah was born (don't remember the exact med name but...) and I swear it kept me awake and I'm pretty sure it made me hyperaware of every noise known to man.  While I was in the recovery room, I'm pretty sure I could hear my own hair growing...that's how keen my hearing felt.  Can you say annoying?!

OK...so back to Natural Calm.  It's a pretty white powder.  The container says start with 1/2 tsp and work your way up to 2 tsp.  But then it warns...don't use too much or you could have an unfortunate laxative effect.  EEK!  So... 1/2 tsp it is in some warm water right before bed....hmmm...think that might interrupt sleep drinking so close to bed time.  I don't know if the Natural Calm was that great or if I was really just tired...Damion said I was knocked out when he got home from work (and yes...I did have a midnight visit to the bathroom).  So....another Trial of Natural Calm is in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment