Saturday, June 23, 2012

Metrics

Day 25, 26, 27, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 21, 22, 23  Jun

So...nearly a month has past.
Today is a metrics day.
I vowed only to get on the scale every two weeks and weigh every two weeks.
That is an easy and hard vow to keep.
I walk past a scale in my bathroom and at the gym every day.
And I think about jumping on the scale every time but resist.
(Maybe I could apply the will power in other areas of this journey...just sayin'!)

So.  Here are the new metrics --


28-May-12 10-Jun-12 24-Jun-12
Waist 33.5 33 32.5
Hips 43 42.5 42.5
W:H Ratio 0.779 0.776 0.765
Weight 184 182 180
Inches lost - 1 1.5
Pounds lost - 2 4



I'm down 4 pounds and have lost 1.5" on waist and hips since I started.
Everything is tracking in the right direction from that standpoint but likely could be tracking a little faster with a more consistent diet and some added intensity to my exercise.

I was dismayed when I got on the scale because I couldn't remember the metric from two weeks ago and thought maybe I had gained weight.  False alarm.

Added an Omega 3 Fish Oil to my regime - Nordic Naturals

Also, found a new blog (new to me) that I enjoy called Mark's Daily Apple.  More about Paleo/Primal.
His most recent blog on how to be a fat burning beast was really interesting.  For years, carbo loading before races was the way to go...but this gives me pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment